Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Editor's Note: The Future of the All My Children History Project

Fellow Pine Valley Fans and Loyal Readers,
First off, I wanted to thank you for all your years of support in my mission to create the most comprehensive site about All My Children program history, something I think The All My Children History Project has truly become. I want to prompt this letter by saying this is not me signing off, and I have no immediate plans to close the site... but the site is going to see a massive makeover soon in not only how the site will look, but what it will feature and report and how it is run from here on out.

If any of you have been around from the beginning, I started out in 2003 as nothing more than a MSN Group to feature pictorial family trees created for the Pine Valley Bulletin. That slowly expanded with the addition of a comprehensive photo gallery (the likes of which I believe no other website had or has), Quick Guide biographies, and a companion site chronicling the evolution of All My Children's Opening Credits.

In 2007, we moved here to the Powweb server, and finally this winter we added the blog function which has allowed for more features with recent news, YouTube flashback videos, and probably the most popular new addition, the Where Are They Now? interviews.

That being said, recent changes in my personal life have limited my ability to commit as much time as I think the site, and you the fans of All My Children, deserve. For me to make this site all it can be I need to rethink what exactly it seeks to offer to the fan community.

So this is where you guys come in! You can post a comment or email me (AMCHistory@gmail.com) with what you like about the site, what you want to see more of, and most importantly, what you want changed! Be honest... the site's not perfect but it one day can be.

I got a recent email that asked if there was an All My Children Wiki, and frankly, I am sad that there isn't one. I would hope that one day The All My Children History Project will be able to reflect the collaboration of the entire fan community the way a Wiki could.

That being said, I want to thank all of you for an awesome five years online. I hope that we have at last another five more.

Sincerely,
Pasha aka AMCHistory
Webmaster of The All My Children History Project

No comments: