Wednesday, April 30, 2008

And the Emmy Nomination Goes to...

David Canary (Adam/Stuart Chandler) is the only All My Children performer to garner a nomination this year. Canary already has five statuettes from his work as a Lead Actor in 1984, 1985, 1987, 1988, and 2000. Canary joined All My Children in 1983, and took on dual roles in 1984.

Canary is one of only three ABC Daytime actors to be nominated. In recent years, the Daytime Emmy Awards have fallen victim to block voting where entire casts vote for only stars on their own network. The stars of the CBS shows have benefited the most this loophole.

All My Children has also been consistently left out of the acting categories since the Emmy nomination rules were revamped in 2002. Once an emmy darling, All My Children has only seen one actress, Eden Riegel as Bianca Montgomery, win an award since.

For a full list of nominees, check out SON's coverage of today's announcement.

What do you think Canary's chances are? Post your submission ideas in the comments section.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not to take anything away from David, he is so deserving of the award, I think the problem is not that the rules were changed for nominating, I think the writing is so poor that there is no way anyone could pull it off. I've watched AMC for many years and I'm sorry to say that I have been disappointed by the recent storylines.

Thanks,
dr220

AMCHistory said...

Dr220,

That being said, an actor only needs to be nominated with two tapes, and a few good scenes. I think a lot of the people on the prenom list had that going for them last year. Especially Bobbie Eakes, Michael Knight, and Melissa Clare Egan.

La Lucci even gets a nod for me for the emotional rollercoaster she took us on around the time of Ian Slater's birth. Despite bad angles, a shaky cam, and terrible lighting, La Lucci still shined as she cradled Kendall in her hospital bed, contemplating all the pain she had faced in her life.

The shocking omission for me is Leven Rambin. The Emmys love dual role players. Then again, Rambin did anything but stand out as Ava. Is it possible that she became a worst actor in that role?

I also wanted to note that for the year celebrating the 2004 season, many AMC players were ommitted who I believe would have gotten nominations pre-2002. Where was Susan's nomination for lead actres for her dramatic turn during her intervention? Especially since the intervention episodes were used to garner AMC's nomination for best drama? Michael, Jeff, Cameron, Jacob, Alexa, and Eden rounded out the bottom nominations, but where were Susan, Eva, David, Rebecca and Vincent?

jual alat drumband said...

I think this is very good thanks for your articles.